Cranksgiving is a “Food-Raising” Cycling Event to Benefit the Sequim Food Bank
Your community needs you! Here’s how you can participate Saturday, November 19th:
1. Cyclists assemble for Cranksgiving 2016 at the Sequim Food Bank at 144 W. Alder St, Sequim WA, 98382 on Saturday, November 19th at 9:00 am – rain or shine.
2. You will receive a shopping list and list of stores at the start.
3. Purchase food items from the shopping list at stores in Sequim.
4. Return to the Sequim Food Bank with your bags full. All food will be donated to the Sequim Food Bank.
5. This is a timed event with a Le Mans style start.
6. Ride safely to avoid spillage and any accidents.
Prizes will be awarded at the after-party following the ride at Rainshadow Coffee for the most food gathered (by weight), fastest shopper, oldest and youngest riders, and more… There will be SWAG!
In 2015, 50 riders gathered over 600 lbs of food and donated over $500.
Our goal for 2016 is 1,000 lbs of food for the Sequim Food Bank. This is our 6th Anniversary. To date we have gathered and donated nearly 4,000 lbs of food and over $2000 to the Sequim Food Bank!
What we need:
You, bike, helmet, lock, knapsack, bike bag, panniers or trailer and about $15 – $20. There is no entry fee – you will use the money to purchase food from the shopping list to donate to the Sequim Food Bank. All purchases are tax deductible.